Facilitated by Peter Bullimore & Shaun King
Monday, April 3rd through Wednesday, April 5th
Holyoke, MA area (Location TBD)
This training is especially geared toward people working in clinical and other
supporter roles, though all are welcome.
Registration is required. Click here for a flyer and registration form.
We are applying for Continuing Education Credits for LCSWs & LMHCs.
The Maastricht Interview is a semi-structured questionnaire that can be used to support people who hear voices. It was developed by Dr. Sandra Escher, Professor Marius Romme and voice hearer, Patsy Hage as a way to explore the experience of voice hearing in depth and provide the tools needed to build trust, openness and understanding. It can assist people who hear voices in a number of ways including:
- Validating the experience and overcoming the shame of talking about voices
- Offering space and support to systematically map all aspects of the voices and build insight
- Empower the individual by promoting acceptance and the opportunity to take charge
Participants in this training can expect to:
- Become a pioneer in using one of the most exciting tools developed in recent years by the Hearing Voices Network
- Learn how to conduct the interview
- Undertake two interviews with voice hearers
- Write reports and develop constructs from Maastricht interviews
- Develop a shared understanding of voices and ways to support people who hear voices
Cost is $150 per person. Scholarships available.
Space is very limited and sign up is required by completing and
submitting a registration form by Friday, March 3rd, or until space is full.
Open to both local and national applicants.