- This event has passed.
Maastricht Interview for Hearing Voices
April 5, 2021 @ 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Learn to use the Maastricht Interview tool to support people who hear voices to make meaning and take control of their experience…
About this Event
This training has been split into three days to maximize the on-line learning potential. Attendance at ALL four sessions is required to complete the class. Dates and times are as follows:
- Monday, April 5, 9am to 4pm Eastern USA time
- Tuesday, April 6, 9am to 4pm Eastern USA time
- Friday, April 9, 9am to 4pm Eastern USA time
The Maastricht Interview is a semi-structured questionnaire originally developed by science journalist, Sandra Escher, psychiatrist, Marius Romme and voice hearer, Patsy Hage. It was developed as a way to explore the voice hearing experience in depth and provide tools needed to build trust and understanding.
At this training, you will:
- Learn how to conduct the interview
- Undertake 2 interviews with voice hearers
- Write reports and develop constructs
- Develop shared understanding of voices and ways to support people
This training is especially appropriate for providers of all kinds, but peer supporters, family members, and others are welcome and have reported positive learning experiences, as well!!